Terms and Conditions
All you need to know when booking your stay
We aim to provide the very best service to all our guests. Please discuss your requirements with us. We will do our very best to help. Our full access statement is available on our website (www.searles.co.uk ). If you need these Terms and Conditions and our Booking Form in a different format, please ask us.
- Deposits are shown in the table below. Booking values of £60 or less must be paid in full at the time of booking. Deposits are non-refundable after 24 hours from the time a deposit payment is received. Special offers may have alternative rules on deposit payment amounts and dates, please enquire when booking a special offer. We set our deposits to recover the expected cost to us of cancellation.
Cost of Holiday
Up to £250
£251 - £350
£501 - £1000
Booking & Payment:
- A binding contract between us will come into existence when we issue a confirmation of booking letter.
- It is essential that you check your booking confirmation letter carefully to see that it reflects your wishes. Please let us know of any difference within seven days unless your holiday is to start within 14 days in which case you should inform us within 24 hours. Any later amendments to this may be charged for.
- All prices stated are inclusive of VAT which is charged at a prevailing rate. Prices are correct at the time they are stated but are subject to change at the company’s discretion. Please check the current price with us before you book.
- We have taken all care to make sure any information given to you is correct when you receive it. We may make changes, so please check before booking about any features which are particularly important to you. Please also note that photographs of accommodation are examples only and furnishings, layout and decoration may vary.
- Special offers may have alternative rules on deposit & balance payment dates, please enquire when booking. For all other bookings, you must pay our deposit when you book, and the balance of the price of your holiday must be paid in full 9 weeks before your arrival date. If you book within 9 weeks of the start of your holiday, you will be required to pay the full price of the holiday when you book.
- All bookings must have a separate lead name and address. When booking for friends and family, please have their names, full address including postcode and contact telephone number ready for each booking. We are unable to make multiple bookings in one individual’s name.
- If you book through an agency such as Hoseasons, we may contact you to consider clause 10 below prior to your visit. If we are not able to contact you, for example because we do not have your contact details, we may speak to you when you arrive. If we are not satisfied by your response, then we may cancel the booking, but a full refund will be given.
- All reservations must include a person of at least 18 years of age.
Authorised means of payment
You may pay us in any of the following ways:
- Only persons listed on the registration form may occupy the accommodation allocated. Searles Leisure Resort specialises in providing holidays for families with young children.
Whilst all are welcome:
10.1. If you ask to make a booking for more than 2 people we may require that you provide evidence to our reasonable satisfaction that you are all couples or all members of the same family. If we are not satisfied by your response, then we may cancel the booking. You will receive a refund in accordance with our Cancellation Terms below, if applicable.
10.2. If you request a group booking (by which we mean a booking for more than one unit or pitch) or a single occupancy booking, then we may contact you before deciding whether to accept the booking, to help us decide whether we are able to provide the holiday experience you are looking for. For this reason, all group or single occupancy bookings must be made at least 7 days in advance.
10.3. Associated Bookings - You must tell us when you book if your booking is connected to any other booking on the park, for example because you know the people making that booking or you share a common purpose in visiting the park. If you fail to tell us of a connection, then we may cancel the booking immediately and (if your stay has started) require you to leave the park. You will receive a refund in accordance with our Cancellation Terms below, if applicable.
10.4. We reserve the right to obtain the name and date of birth of each member of your party before confirming your booking or at any time. You (the booker) must be a member of the party unless we agree otherwise. Failure to provide us with full details may result in us rejecting your booking, delaying or denying your access to the Resort. We wish to maintain a safe and secure environment for you and your party and we may ask for identification on your arrival.
- The number of persons allowed in all accommodation booked is restricted to the number of berths in the accommodation. Beds are not available in the lounge areas and all homes cannot exceed the berth limitation. Tourer/Tent bookings are restricted to the sleeping capacity (maximum 8), and one tent or tourer per pitch, except for 1 additional 2-berth pup tent (or smaller) which must be requested at time of booking to ensure the pitch size is suitable. Please note if you exceed the occupancy in any of our accommodation or pitches, members of your party may be moved to an alternative pitch or accommodation, and you will be charged accordingly. If no alternative is available, you may be asked to leave the Resort.
Changes and cancellations
- We may make reasonable changes to our services. Our changes may reflect changes in relevant laws, guidance and regulatory requirements or implement minor technical adjustments and improvements, for example to address a health and safety risk.
- If we make changes which mean we can only provide your holiday in a radically different way, we will give you the choice between confirming your booking, agreeing new booking dates with us or cancelling. We prefer that you postpone rather than cancel but will always allow you to cancel where the law gives you the right to do so.
- Either of us has the right to cancel your holiday, or any unused days, if the law prevents you from visiting or staying with us or because we are no longer able to provide your holiday for any other reason outside our control. Again, we prefer that you postpone but will always allow you to cancel where the law gives you the right to do so.
- If you decide to cancel in any of these circumstances and your holiday has not started, then we will refund your booking including any deposit. If your holiday has started, then we will refund any days unused. We will not charge an administration fee, and we will only deduct any costs we have already incurred which we cannot recover elsewhere (“Direct Costs”). We will not be liable to make any other payment to you.
- Either of us may also cancel your holiday, or any unused days, if Government guidance means that you should not visit or stay with us, even if the law still allows you to do so. If we cancel and your holiday has not started, then we will refund your booking in full including any deposit. If your holiday has started, then we will refund in full any days unused when we cancel. We will not charge an administration fee and we will not deduct any Direct Costs. If you cancel in these circumstances, we will refund on the same basis but may deduct any Direct Costs. In neither case will we be liable to make any other payment to you.
- You are not entitled to any refund if you or any of your guests leave before the end of your holiday, unless clause 13 or clause 14 applies or we are in serious breach of our obligations in these terms & conditions. If we are in serious breach of our obligations, we will refund you for the days of the holiday which have not been taken.
- We may also cancel your holiday if you breach any of these terms & conditions. Clause 52 give further details.
Cancellation Policy Cover
- Travel Insurance or Cancellation Cover is a vital aspect to booking a holiday, giving you protection against unforeseen circumstances that could otherwise spoil your holiday. You may use any provider of your choice.
Specialist Travel Insurance for UK Holidays: For your peace of mind, we are delighted to be able to introduce a new UK Holiday Insurance cover through Compass Insurance which includes cover for Covid-19. For more information and to obtain a quote, simply visit: https://portal.compassinsuranceservices.co.uk/Travel/go/searlescampinggroup
Searles Leisure Resort’s Standard Cancellation Terms:
- Our standard cancellation terms apply in the event of cancellation (see table below); unless these Terms & Conditions say otherwise or you have arranged Travel Insurance or Cancellation Cover with Compass Insurance (see above). You may also change your holiday dates and accommodation within the present year (no later than 4 weeks prior to arrival), subject to availability and a £40 amendment fee per booking. You must pay any increase in the price of the bookings. We will refund any reduction.
Cancellation Date Prior To Arrival
More than 64 days
100% less deposit
43 – 64 days
50% of monies paid less deposit
29 – 42 days
30% of monies paid less deposit
8 – 28 days
10% of monies paid less deposit
7 days or less
No refund available
- Caravans/Lodges may be occupied from 4.30pm on the day of arrival until 9.30am on the day of departure. Tourer/tent bookings are from 2pm on the day of arrival until 11am on the day of departure unless otherwise stated. Any change to these arrangements will be notified on your booking confirmation letter. If you do not depart at these times, we may charge you a late departure fee of £100. Maximum stay is 2 weeks.
- When you arrive for your holiday, please report to Reception, producing proof of your booking such as your receipt. Unless we are notified of your late arrival, any Caravan, Lodge, Tourer/or Tent pitch not occupied by 10am on the day after your notified arrival will be re-let.
- We are not able to offer early Book-in for any new bookings at the moment. When we are able to offer it again, paying for early book-in will allow you entry 1 hour prior to normal arrival times stated. We only offer it subject to availability and at the Resort’s discretion
- We cannot guarantee, unless you hold a valid Searles Gold Card, that you will be allocated a specific unit of accommodation or that 2 or more units of accommodation booked will be located together. However, we will do all that we can to meet your needs.
- You may park up to 2 cars beside your unit of accommodation when booking a Caravan or Lodge. When booking a Tourer or Tent pitch, you may park up to 2 cars on your pitch (subject to the size of the pitch), but you will be required to pay an additional fee for the 2nd car. This is not available on 8 meter pitches.
NO COMMERCIAL VEHICLES ARE ALLOWED. THIS INCLUDES ANY SIGN WRITTEN VEHICLE OR ANY VEHICLE OTHER THAN A CARAVAN OR MOTOR HOME WITH A GROSS WEIGHT EXCEEDING 7.5 TONNES.
- Electric cars are not permitted to be charged by using a caravan or lodge's electricity or electric hook up on touring pitches. Please only use the designated charging points. These are located near Reception and opposite the Touring Office.
27.1 Subject to clause 27.2, we welcome pets specified by prior arrangement in our dedicated Pet Friendly Homes and on our tourer pitches. No pets are to be left in a car. Up to a maximum of 2 well-behaved dogs are allowed per pitch/Pet Friendly accommodation unit at any time. All dogs must sleep in their own dog bed and we ask you not to allow your dog onto the furniture or beds of our homes. Guide dogs are also welcome in all our accommodation, although you must tell us that you will be bringing them and we ask you to use the Pet Friendly accommodation where this is available. We will make case by case decisions about whether other assistance dogs may use other accommodation: please speak to us if this is relevant to your booking. If you take any other pet into a holiday home which is not booked as pet friendly, you will be required to pay an additional fee of £150 for the deep cleaning of the accommodation.
27.2 We do not accept any dogs restricted by the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 or bred from such dogs, whether or not of the full breed. If we accept your dog you must ensure that:
27.2.1 As a minimum, each dog has a current annual vaccination for distemper, canine hepatitis, leptospirosis and parvo virus;
27.2.2 Each dog is properly supervised, is not dangerous and does not cause a nuisance, harm or threat to anyone.
27.2.3 When our staff need to visit your accommodation (eg. if you have requested a maintenance engineer) you take your dog(s) out or keep them in a different room whilst these visits take place and comply with any specific instructions provided to you.
27.2.4 You clear up after your dog(s) and dispose of any dog fouling in the bins provided.
28.1 Aggressive dogs or noise disturbance will not be tolerated, and you will be liable for any damage caused.
28.2 If we, in our sole and reasonable discretion, consider your dog to be dangerous or to be causing a nuisance, harm or threat to anyone, or that there is reasonable foreseeable risk of it doing so, we may require you to remove it from the resort (without refund or compensation) or we may have it removed to kennels ourselves at your expense.
29. All dogs must be kept on a lead under the control of a responsible adult always. Well-behaved dogs on a lead are permitted in our dog-friendly zone within La Piazza and the outside terraces of La Piazza and The Fountain Sports Bar, but (with the exception of guide dogs and certified assistance dogs) dogs are not allowed in any other indoor area including the shop, entertainment or leisure club, offices or toilets, nor (subject to the exceptions in clause 27.1) are they permitted in non-pet friendly accommodation, including the outside decked areas of that accommodation.
30. No other pets are permitted.
- The units of accommodation illustrated are typical of the accommodation available. The unit of accommodation allocated to you may differ in minor respects from those printed but not in any significant respect. This is due to differences in manufacturer specifications where we source a unit from a different manufacturer or at a different time.
- We ask that you use your accommodation and its contents with care and consideration and leave it in a clean and tidy condition on your departure. All accommodation is non-smoking, please see clause 51.
- All Caravans/and Lodges are fully equipped with cooking and domestic utensils. Adequate duvets and bed linen are provided for the number in the booking. An accommodation inventory can be made available to you if requested in advance.
- We reserve the right to make a reasonable charge to you for any damages, missing items or extra cleaning, including damage to other guest’s property. A guide to our current charges is available on request and will also be documented on the charge sheet included in your welcome pack or accommodation, additional copies are available at reception for your reference. You are requested to bring your own waterproof mattress protectors if required as you will be liable for the replacement of any mattress which is soiled by you or your party.
Tent and Touring:
- You will be required to lift ground sheets to allow the grass to recover, when booking a tent pitch for more than one week. Eco friendly ground sheets are preferred on the Park.
- Only proprietary makes of tourer are accepted on the Park. Please note that Tourer and Tenting pitches are set sizes, so please ensure that you accurately state the size of your tourer/or tent upon booking, to ensure that the correct size pitch is allocated to you. Your caravan or tourer cannot be dropped off, the towing vehicle must be available during your holiday in case of an emergency.
- No washing of dishes or laundry is to take place in the toilet blocks. Separate laundry and washing up areas are provided.
- We do not allow fire pits, burners or open fires of any kind.
- We allow BBQs but only in the designated BBQ areas. If you bring a disposable BBQ, please use it in those areas. Please take particular care when disposing of hot coals or disposable barbecues.
- You will be responsible for any damage as per Clause 34.
Guest Courtesy and Conduct:
- You agree that you will:
41.1 Keep to these terms & conditions and the Park Rules.
41.2 Stay with us only for holiday and recreational purposes.
41.3 Not do or fail to do anything which might put us in breach of any condition of the Site Licence, which is always available on the Park in a conspicuous place. For example, the conditions of the Site Licence which may affect you include those requiring the space between caravans and other structures to be kept clear, those prohibiting combustible structures, those regarding car parking and those requiring the underside of caravans to be kept clear.
41.4 Not make any alteration to any accommodation or Pitch.
41.5 Permit us to move you to another location on the Park if necessary. We will ensure that any alternative location will be of similar quality and be responsible for all reasonable costs incurred.
- You also agree to, and you must make sure that you, your party and any visitors (including, in each case, their children) keep to, the following standards of behaviour:
42.1 To act in a courteous and considerate manner towards us, our staff and anyone visiting, using or working on the Park including other customers
42.2 To supervise children so that they are not a nuisance or danger to themselves or other people using the Park.
42.3 Not to:
42.3.1 Commit any criminal offence (whether or not on the Park or in its vicinity) which causes your name to be entered on the Violent and Sex Offender Register or causes you to be subject to a Risk of Sexual Harm Order or Child Abduction Warning Notice (or any register, order or notice succeeding these);
42.3.2 Use the Park in connection with any criminal activity or commit any other criminal offence (i.e. any offence not already subject to clause 42.3.1) at the Park or in its vicinity;
42.3.3 Commit any acts of vandalism or nuisance or on the Park;
42.3.4 Use fireworks on the Park;
42.3.5 Keep or carry any firearm or any other weapon on the Park;
42.3.7 Keep or use any unlawful drugs on the Park;
42.3.8 Carry on any trade or business at the Park;
42.3.9 Permit anyone who is to your knowledge on the Violent and Sex Offender Register or subject to a Risk of Sexual Harm Order or a Child Abduction Warning Notice (or any register, order or notice succeeding these) to use or visit the Park.
- You are responsible for the behaviour of all members of your party. Behaviour should be in keeping with the family environment and should not be excessive, noisy or disruptive, especially after 10 pm at night. Offensive, aggressive or illegal behaviour or language towards anyone (including our staff) will not be tolerated and may result in the police being involved. Clause 52 gives us the right to ask you and/or any member of your party to leave immediately for serious misconduct, for example, if your conduct results in police attendance or is considered by us to be seriously inappropriate; likely to cause harm; or impair the enjoyment, comfort or safety of anyone; or is likely, in our belief, to breach any of this agreement. No refunds or compensation will be given in these circumstances and we reserve the right to reject any future bookings from you or any member of your party.
- No ball games using hard or semi-hard balls may be played on the Park.
- The use of drones, Hoverboards or electric scooters are not permitted on park.
- The speed limit of 5mph within the Park must always be observed. The usual rules of road traffic law apply on our park. Bicycles, manual scooters, go karts, and similar items must be ridden responsibly across the site.
- Sound producers are not to be played at any time to the annoyance of others on the Park especially after 10 pm in the evening.
- If you are suffering from a contagious or infectious disease which may be transmitted through the use of any facilities on the park, then you may not use those facilities.
- You are responsible for all breakages, including windows and any damage caused by you, a member of your party or any pets and these must be replaced or paid for, prior to departure.
- You and members of your party agree to be temporary members of Searles Club. You will follow the rules of Searles Club when on its premises. These are displayed at the club and please ask us if you would like a copy. You understand persons under 18 are not permitted to acquire or consume alcoholic beverages.
- All homes and indoor venues are strictly non-smoking, this policy extends to the use of vaporisers, e-cigarettes or other similar devices due to their similarities to cigarettes.
- If you or any member of your party commit a serious breach of this Agreement or any of the rules displayed at the park, Searles Leisure Resort reserves the right to terminate the booking and expel you from the Resort. If the breach is capable of remedy, then before we cancel the booking we will give you a written notice which gives you the opportunity to remedy the breach within a reasonable period. Depending on the nature of the breach, this period may be short – for example a notice relating to anti-social behaviour will generally require remedy within one hour. If you are asked to leave the park under these circumstances you will not be due a refund, nor any compensation, and you and your party may be refused future bookings with us.
- You are responsible for your children. An adult must accompany small children to the toilets. The minimum age without an adult for the following areas is: Leisure Complex 12 years, Gymnasium 18 years (or 14-17 when supervised by an adult) and 14 years for the Golf, Bowls, Fishing & Tennis. Children under 8 years are not permitted on the golf course. Children under the age of 12 years must be supervised by an adult within the Leisure Complex and remain your responsibility at all times and the supervising adult must be in the pool. Please see below our Health & Safety Policy regarding adult to child ratios in the Leisure Pools area:
CHILD UNDER 8 YEARS - One Adult: 2 Children
CHILD 8-12 YEARS - One Adult: 3 Children
CHILD 12 YEARS + No Adult Required
One Adult: 2 Children Under 8 and 1 Child 8-12 OR
One Adult: 2 Children 8-12 and 1 Child Under 8
Please Note: Adult = 18 years + and we only permit swimwear to be worn in the pool, not normal clothing.
- We do not allow guests to film or take photographs in our swimming pool areas. If a professional photographer is shooting photos or video for us, we will endeavour not to disturb your holiday and we will display signs with relevant information about the location and timing of the photography in advance. With this agreement, you give us rights (free of charge) to anything containing your image (or the image of the other people with you) that is made whilst you are with us. If you do not wish to be in shot, please try to avoid the filming area or make it known to us immediately. If you or someone in your family does appear in a photo or video without meaning to, we will do our best to remove the image from our library.
- WiFi Access:
a). Free WiFi Access is usually available in designated areas and is subject to bandwidth restrictions and the Searles Internet Usage Policy (available on the website).
b). Free WiFi availability is not guaranteed as this is ‘free’ to customers and due to bandwidth restraints, availability may be affected.
c). A paid service is also available, again subject to the Searles Internet Usage Policy. Should you encounter problems with your ’Paid’ WiFi service, please report this to customer services who will initially attempt to assist. In the event of customer services not being available, please call the support number (included in the Guest Information Booklet) available from 8:00 am until 10:00 pm 7 days a week. If the paid service becomes unavailable to you then we will refund you for that period in proportion to the price you paid for the full period you booked.
d). By contacting customer services or the support desk, indicates consent to pass across personal contact details to enable the service to be carried out.
e). All WiFi access is governed by UK and International law and all Searles WiFi users are subject to those laws, including the laws about specific content. Please be aware that all Internet activity is monitored with full reporting.
f). Searles Leisure Resort has a duty of care to its guests and in the event of a user contravening the Searles Internet Usage Policy (available on the website) the indicated course of action will be implemented. Where such action breaks the law, this will be passed to the appropriate authorities for investigation.
- Should you have any problems with your accommodation or otherwise during your holiday with us, please notify our reception staff immediately so remedial action, if necessary, may be taken. Any complaints brought to our attention, will be dealt with by the Guest Experience Manager within one calendar month. It is important that you tell us as soon as you become aware of a matter so that we can investigate as soon as possible. If you do not tell us until after you have left the park, then it may not be possible to find evidence to uphold your complaint.
- All cars, caravans, tents, tourers, vehicles of any description and their contents are permitted to enter the Park at their Owner’s risk and Searles Camping Ground Limited (the company operating Searles Leisure Resort) accepts no responsibility for theft, damage or injury whilst on the Park unless this has been caused by our negligence. We recommend that you insure your personal effects, clothing and jewellery etc, in the normal way before coming on holiday. Although we endeavour to return any lost property (subject to postage and handling fees), we cannot be held responsible for any items left behind. Lost property will only be stored for 60 days, if it is not claimed in this time it will be donated or disposed of, or for items of any significant value, we will report the item to the Police.
- FORCE MAJEURE – We cannot accept responsibility for any damage or inconvenience caused by events outside our control including extreme weather conditions.
Changing the Park Rules
- It may be necessary or desirable to change the Park Rules from time to time, including for reasons of health and safety, the efficient running of the Park, environmental issues, local authority requirements, and/or changes in law or regulations or in the interpretation of law and regulations imposed upon us, in which case we will notify you in writing using your contact details on the address on the Booking Form.
- Any changes made to the Park Rules after we accept your booking may affect you because you will be required to comply with the changed Park Rules, but will not affect anything else to which you are entitled under these booking terms and condition
- We hold a key to all the accommodation we own on the Park.
- If you are staying in our accommodation, we may use the key for any purpose authorised by you, for example if you ask us to give access to an authorised visitor.
- We may also use the key in an emergency, such as an immediate concern for the health and safety of any person, to carry out urgent repairs or preventative work, or to check and secure the accommodation if it appears to be insecure.
- We will take reasonable care when accessing any accommodation.
- We agree that any letters or other communications between us shall be sent using the details for us in these terms & conditions and for you on the Booking Form. Email may be used.
Terms and Conditions are correct at time of publication and subject to change.