Terms and Conditions
All you need to know when booking your stay
1. Prices stated in our Brochure are inclusive of VAT at 20% and are subject to change if the VAT rate changes. Prices are correct at time of going to print and are subject to change at the company’s discretion.
2. A binding contract between us will come into existence when we issue confirmation of booking letter.
3. You must pay the deposit stated in the brochure when you book and the balance of the price of your holiday must be paid in full 9 weeks before your arrival date. If you book within 9 weeks of the start of your holiday, you will be required to pay the full price of the holiday when you book. Special offers may have alternative rules on deposit & balance payment dates please enquire when booking.
4. Caravans/Lodges may be occupied from 3pm on the day of arrival until 10am on the day of departure and must be left in a clean and tidy condition. Tourer/tent bookings are from 2pm on the day of arrival until 11am on the day of departure unless otherwise stated. Any change to these arrangements will be notified on your booking confirmation form. If you do not depart at these times we may charge you a late departure fee. Maximum stay is 2 weeks.
5. Early Book-in allows you entry 1 hour prior to normal arrival times stated and is subject to availability at the Park’s discretion.
6. Only persons listed on the registration form may occupy the accommodation allocated. Searles Leisure Resort specialises in providing holidays for families with young children. Whilst all are welcome:
6.1 If you ask to make a booking for more than 2 people we may require that you provide evidence to our reasonable satisfaction that you are all couples or all members of the same family. If we are not satisfied by your response then we may cancel the booking. You will receive a refund in accordance with our Cancellation Terms below, if applicable.
6.2 If you request a group booking (by which we mean a booking for more than one unit or pitch) or a single occupancy booking, then we may contact you before deciding whether to accept the booking, to help us decide whether we are able to provide the holiday experience you are looking for. For this reason, all group or single occupancy bookings must be made at least 7 days in advance.
7. Associated Bookings - You must tell us when you book if your booking is connected to any other booking on the park, for example because you know the people making that booking or you share a common purpose in visiting the park. If you fail to tell us of a connection then we may cancel the booking immediately and (if your stay has started) require you to leave the park. You will receive a refund in accordance with our Cancellation Terms below, if applicable.
8. If you book through an agency such as Hoseasons, we may contact you to consider clauses 6 & 7 prior to your visit. If we are not able to contact you, for example because we do not have your contact details, we may speak to you when you arrive. If we are not satisfied by your response then we may cancel the booking but a full refund will be given.
9. All reservations must include a person of at least 18 years of age.
11. You may change your dates and accommodation within the present year, no later than 4 weeks prior to arrival and is subject to a £30 amendment fee per booking. Subject to availability.
12. It is essential that you check your booking confirmation form as any amendments to this may be charged for.
13. The number of persons allowed in all accommodation booked is restricted to the number of berths in the accommodation. Beds are not available in the lounge areas and all homes cannot exceed the berth limitation. Tourer/Tent bookings are restricted to the sleeping capacity (Maximum 8).
14. We cannot guarantee, unless you hold a valid Searles Gold Card, that you will be allocated a specific unit of accommodation or that 2 or more units of accommodation booked will be located together. However, we will do all that we can to meet your needs.
15. The units of accommodation illustrated in the brochure are typical of the accommodation available. However, the unit of accommodation allocated to you may differ slightly from those printed.
16. All Caravans/and Lodges are fully equipped with cooking and domestic utensils. Adequate duvets and bed linen are provided. You are requested to bring your own waterproof mattress protectors if required as you will be liable for the replacement of any mattress which is soiled by you or your party.
17. No Pets, with the exception of guide dogs, are allowed in any accommodation unless specified by prior arrangement in our dedicated Pet Friendly Homes. No pets are to be left in a car. Up to a maximum of 2 well-behaved dogs are allowed per pitch/accommodation unit at any time. Certain types of dog are not allowed on site, including Rottweilers, Pitt Bull or Staffordshire Terriers, German Shepherd (or Alsatian), Doberman or any dogs listed on the Dangerous Dog Act list, or any half breeds of such dogs. Although we understand that not all dogs within our excluded list are unfriendly, this is a Searles policy as a family park. All dogs must be kept on a lead under the control of a responsible adult at all times. Well-behaved dogs on a lead are permitted in our new dog-friendly zone within La Piazza and the outside terraces of La Taverna and The Fountain Sports Bar, but dogs are not allowed in any other indoor area including the shop, entertainment or leisure club, offices or toilets. Dog owners are responsible for clearing up after their dogs and disposing of dog fouling in the bins provided. Guide dogs are accepted in all venues. All dogs must sleep in their own dog bed and we ask you not to allow your dog onto the furniture or beds of our homes. Aggressive dogs or noise disturbance will not be tolerated and you will be liable for any damage caused.
18. You may park up to 2 cars beside your unit of accommodation when booking a Caravan or Lodge. When booking a Tourer or Tent pitch, you may park 2 cars beside your pitch but you will be required to pay an additional fee for the 2nd car as stated on page 20. This is subject to the size of your Tent or Tourer and pitch space and therefore cannot be guaranteed. This is not available on 8 metre pitches. NO VEHICLES OF A COMMERCIAL NATURE ARE ALLOWED.
19. You will be required to lift ground sheets to allow the grass to recover, when booking a tent pitch for more than one week. Eco friendly ground sheets are preferred on the Park.
20. Only propriety makes of tourer are accepted on the Park. Please note that Tourer and Tenting pitches are set sizes, so please ensure that you accurately state the size of your tourer/or tent upon booking, to ensure that the correct size pitch is allocated to you.
21. No washing of dishes or laundry is to take place in the toilet blocks. Separate laundry and washing up areas are provided.
22. No ball games using hard or semi-hard balls may be played on the Park.
23. The speed limit of 5mph within the Park must be observed at all times and bicycles must be ridden responsibly.
24. Sound producers are not to be played at any time to the annoyance of others on the Park especially after 10pm in the evening.
25. If you are suffering from a contagious or infectious disease which may be transmitted in the use of any facilities on the park then you may not use those facilities.
26. You are responsible for your children. An adult must accompany small children to the toilets. The minimum age without an adult for the following areas is, Leisure Complex 12 years, Gymnasium 17 years, and 14 years for the Golf, Bowls, Fishing & Tennis. Under 8 years are not permitted on the golf course. Children under the age of 12 years must be supervised by an adult within the Leisure Complex and remain your responsibility at all times. Please see below our Health & Safety Policy regarding adult to child ratios in the Leisure Pools area:
CHILD UNDER 8 YEARS - One Adult : 2 Children
CHILD 8-12 YEARS - One Adult : 3 Children
CHILD 12 YEARS + No Adult Required
One Adult : 2 Children Under 8 and 1 Child 8-12 OR
One Adult : 2 Children 8-12 and 1 Child Under 8
Please Note: Adult = 18 years +
27. You are responsible for all breakages, including windows and any damage caused by you, a member of your party or any pets and these must be replaced or paid for, prior to departure.
28. We reserve the right to temporarily close or withdraw amenities or advertised programmes of activities where it is necessary to do so, due to maintenance, repairs or circumstances beyond our control. Please also note that certain facilities have limited periods of opening as specified in the brochure.
29. When you arrive for your Holiday, please report to Reception, producing your receipt. Unless we are notified of your late arrival, any Caravan, Lodge, Tourer/or Tent pitch not occupied by 10am on the day after notified arrival will be re-let.
30. Should you have any problems with your accommodation or otherwise during your holiday with us, please notify our reception staff immediately so remedial action, if necessary, may be taken. Any complaints brought to our attention, will be dealt with by the Customer Services Manager within one calendar month. It is important that you tell us as soon as you become aware of a matter so that we can investigate as soon as possible. If you do not tell us until after you have left the park then it may not be possible to find evidence to uphold your complaint.
31. You must not cause a nuisance on the Park and must ensure that no member of your party does so either.
32. If you or any member of your party commit a serious breach of this Agreement or any of the rules displayed at the park, Searles Camping Ground Limited reserves the right to terminate the booking. If the breach is capable of remedy, then before we cancel the booking we will give you a written notice which gives you the opportunity to remedy the breach within a reasonable period. Depending on the nature of the breach, this period may be short – for example a notice relating to anti-social behaviour will generally require remedy within one hour.
33. Notwithstanding any liability under the Occupiers Liability Act 1957, or otherwise, all cars, caravans, tents, tourers, vehicles of any description and their contents are permitted to enter the Park at their Owner’s risk and Searles Camping Ground Limited accepts no responsibility for theft, damage or injury whilst on the Park unless this has been caused by our negligence. We recommend that you insure your personal effects, clothing and jewellery etc, in the normal way before coming on holiday. Although we endeavour to return any lost property, we cannot be held responsible for any items left behind.
34. FORCE MAJEURE – We cannot accept responsibility or pay compensation or refunds for any damage or inconvenience caused by Force Majeure including extreme weather conditions.
35. All homes and indoor venues are strictly non-smoking.
36. Cancellation: You will be liable for monies paid in accordance to our 'Standard Cancellation Terms' as displayed in the table below.
37. Travel Insurance/ Cancellation Cover: Travel Insurance or Cancellation Cover is a vital aspect to booking a holiday, giving you protection against unforeseen circumstances that could otherwise spoil your holiday. We have arranged a scheme with specialists Travel & General Insurance Services Limited, who are fully authorised and regulated by the FCA (firm reference number 304788) full details of which can be found on the FCA website . Please call Travel & General on 020 3794 2954 for a quote.
38. Free Wi-Fi access in designated areas, is subject to speed and download restrictions, please enquire at Reception.
39. We do not allow guests to film or take photographs in our swimming pool areas. If a professional photographer is shooting photos or video for us, we will endeavour not to disturb your holiday and we will display signs with relevant information about the location and timing of the photography in advance. With this agreement, you give us rights (free of charge) to anything containing your image (or the image of the other people with you) that is made whilst you are with us. If you do not wish to be in shot, please try to avoid the filming area or make it known to us immediately. If you or someone in your family does appear in a photo or video without meaning to, we will do our best to remove the image from our library.
40. You and members of your party agree to be temporary members of Searles Club and understand persons under 18 are not permitted to acquire or consume alcoholic beverages.
Terms and Conditions are correct at time of publication and subject to change.
Cancellation Policy Cover
Travel Insurance or Cancellation Cover is a vital aspect to booking a holiday, giving you protection against unforeseen circumstances that could otherwise spoil your holiday. We have arranged a scheme with specialists Travel & General Insurance Services Limited, who are fully authorised and regulated by the FCA (firm reference number 304788) full details of which can be found on the FCA website . Please call Travel & General on 020 3794 2954 for a quote.
Searles Standard Cancellation Terms:
Our standard cancellation terms apply in the event of cancellation (see table below); unless you have arranged Travel Insurance or Cancellation Cover with Travel & General (see above). You may change your holiday dates and accommodation within the present year (no later than 4 weeks prior to arrival), subject to availability and a £30 amendment fee per booking.
|Cancellation date prior to arrival||Refund given|
|More than 64 days||100% less deposit|
|43 - 64 days||50% of monies paid less deposit|
|29 - 42 days||30% of monies paid less deposit|
|8 - 28 days||10% of monies paid less deposit|
|7 days or less||No refund available|
Deposits are shown in the table below. Booking values of £60 or less must be paid in full at the time of booking.Deposits are non-refundable after 24 hours from the time a deposit payment is received. Full balance is due 9 weeks before arrival. Special offers may have alternative rules on deposit payment amounts and dates, please enquire when booking a special offer.
|Cost of Holiday||Deposit|
|Up to £250||£60|
|£251 - £350||£90|
|£501 - £1000||£150|